“The goal of society in general is to succeed in the world, whereas the goal of enlightenment is to transcend beyond It.” –Hawkins
Thanks to an incredible conversation with coach and dynamite woman Shannon Falkenstein, I started writing my “guide” to building my business mindfully, spiritually, and with lots of love in a world where we’re all still trying to beat the stories of the “bad economy.” (By the way? That’s just a story. You don’t have to believe it if you don’t want to.)
Here’s what I did that made my biz skyrocket and helped me get clear about what I even wanted to do:
1. Be incredibly grateful for your perfect clients and customers. I started a Gratitude Excel spreadsheet for all the people that I’ve worked with and what I was grateful for about them. I kept updating it every time I had an interaction with a client or got a new one. Not only did more amazing, perfect clients come to me, but I was also training myself to find the good in the few clients that weren’t so easy to be grateful for. I was able to record what I’d learned in my interaction with them, and loved how much more grateful it made me for the “perfect” clients that seemed like a breeze to work with. I also do this for everyone who buys a book on this site! (Yep, you’re on my gratitude list!;)
It takes awhile, especially once you start getting more and more clients and customers, but it is so worth it!
2. Ask yourself, over and over, what do I want to be doing right now? If you find yourself wanting to coach someone and there isn’t a “someone” there to coach, sit down and write out what you would say (or record yourself talking). You don’t need anyone around you to do what you love to do. If you want to design incredible posters or paint school busses or write books – don’t wait for permission, don’t wait for someone to hire you. Do it now.
Not only does this make you happy in the present (because you’re doing what you want to do) but it gives you honed skills and increased talent when that perfect client comes along.
3. Write 100 things you’re grateful for about where you are in your business right now. You’re in an incredible spot of deciding exactly what you want with your business, so start there! You have infinite opportunities and options available to you. Be grateful for everything you have, all the knowledge and skills and abilities you have. Honor you, your desire to have a business, and the spirit of the business you’re creating or growing.
4. Feel good about money. I’m using Rhonda Byrne’s advice here, because it works: give some away. Seriously, to feel better about money, lovingly give it away to where your heart tells you. You can’t afford to feel bad about money, and giving some away puts you in a place of feeling joyful and abundant. In The Power, Rhonda talks about drawing cash out of an ATM and giving $50 bills away to strangers. She also advises if you can’t do this, then visualize all the people around you having as much money as they could possibly want. Enjoy the joy you imagine they would have with all the money they need. By visualizing “giving” money, you are operating on the same wavelength as if you actually gave it.
I have a few tricks I use to feel good about money that I’ll talk about in a later post. Do what works for you. Imagine yourself feeling amazing about money, feel yourself having enough. If you feel stressed about money, change that feeling before you do any business.
5. Know that what you need will show up when you need it. If you don’t have your branding yet, don’t stress. If you’re not sure what your target market is, relax and know you will at some point. Ask the questions now, but let the universe bring you the answers in perfect time. Go where you’re guided. You’ll see an awesome business course that will answer exactly the question you’ve been asking. You’ll meet with someone who can design an incredible logo for you. You’ll run in to someone who needs someone to do exactly what you do.
Trust this, and you’ll see it even happen even more.
6. Let go of the need to get clear about your identity, brand, and target marketing. Be wholly, totally YOU, honestly you, operate your business as if it were coming from your very Self with no ego, and the people who need to come to you will be attracted to you.
One aspect of my business was created out of genuine frustration that there wasn’t anyone out there to help people do what I was learning to do. I wanted to help people because I didn’t have that help. Now, it’s a major income generator for me. I could never have sat down and “created” that brand or target market, but by actually serving that market, everything else fell into place.
Do what you love instead of worrying, and whatever you’re worried about will be naturally solved by Love.
7. Don’t believe your own story of “I can’t.” I used to have so many limiting stories about business that I created for myself. “I’m just not good at marketing.” “I hate selling.” Don’t tell those stories OR believe them. When I started “marketing” and “selling” from a true Love of what I was doing and an honest Love of the people I was helping, I became a great marketer and seller! In one of my biz groups, my “marketing” is used as an example for others to follow! All I did was Love.
Bonus: Before you sit down to do anything business-related, make sure you’re in an amped up place of love (write lists of what you love, feel yourself radiating love, visualize a strong green chakra, etc.) and whatever you’re doing will flow effortlessly.
If you have any tips, I’d love to hear them! What do you do to create an awesome business or work life that’s aligned with your spirit?
Share the love
Get free updates