I’ve been doing a lot of work lately on self-care. Self-love, self-compassion. Loving the parts of me that society has implied are unlovable. That should be ignored, hidden, cut out, cast away or covered up. The parts we don’t talk about, the parts that make us wince and groan and feel deep, deep shame. [click to continue…]
I had the honor and joy of interviewing one of my favorite women, Belinda Benn, in today’s podcast.
Belinda Benn is the creator of the Get Lean Program and Super Sexy Skin, among other transformative programs that help women from the inside out. What I love about Belinda’s work is that she speaks to the whole woman- she’s not a “lose weight” fitness guru, she has a genuine heart for helping women live their best lives from the inside out.
This is what it all boils down to.
This is the whole enchilada, I’m giving away the heart of it all, that’s it folks, Elvis has left the building.
This, if you follow it, will lead you absolutely everywhere you want to go in life.
(This is One Way. There are many Ways. I’m currently using This One.)
Like millions of others, I’ve read and loved “The Alechemist” by Paulo Coelho.
In this video with Oprah, Coelho himself talks about our Personal Legends. He explains it’s what we’re here for… but what really grabbed me is this line:
“You know when you are betraying your personal legend.”
This has become so true for me. In the past few months I’ve started living life in a new way, in an agreement with the Universe (after reading Diana, Herself) that I would live by inspiration. Which means: if I’m inspired to do something, I will do that thing. No matter how crazy. And if I’m feeling the feelings of “No, this isn’t right,” I will stop. [click to continue…]
- You can’t do it alone
- Everyone who’s gone before us, who have written about it, TED-talked about it, and held your hand and cried over coffee with you about it will help your journey. We need each other’s wisdom and experiences. But we also need to…
- Do the work
- By this I mean play. You have to do the play. The things you love. That make you feel alive. That turn your head and make you trip over your shoes because you’re can’t stop looking. DO THOSE THINGS. Everything else can wait. (Yes, EVERYTHING.)
- It’s a lot more soul-satisfying than you might think
- Because, when we do what we love? When we’re living in our vital energy? Our souls are LOVING IT. Hey, remember me? I love you, I miss you, please pay attention to me again. Love, your Soul. The satisfaction of doing what you truly want to do, from inside your soul, is more fulfilling than anything else you can do on this planet. Why? Because it’s what you were meant to do on this planet.
- The path is riddled with Fears.
- When you’re passionate, you will still see fear. Smell fear. Feel fear. But you’ll also have an inner knowing that if you follow those Fears into the dark woods of Nowhere, and leave your passions on the Path of Purpose, you’re going to feel very, very sad. You’ll grieve. You’ll miss one of the greatest parts of you, while you entertain the Fears and listen to their chants.
- So stay on the Path. Look at the Fears and acknowledge them. “I see you, and this is the path I want to take.” “Thank you for warning me, and I still want to take this path.” “I can’t follow you today, dears, go find someone else to play with.”
- Keep going, because the world needs you to save yourself. The world needs you to come alive.
“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
art by Christa Gallopoulos
Today on the Podcast I interview Christa Gallopoulos. When I first met Christa, she was living in the Washington D.C. area with her husband and daughter. Now she’s lives in South Africa, and has just started a foundation, and it’s mission is to support culture, conservation and compassionate education in the community of Ngwenya (pronounced Gwen-ya).
I chose Christa for this series on Living Your Life’s Purpose because she fast-tracked from this life where she was searching and aligning with what she truly wanted to do, honestly beginning to live into what her soul was yearning for- and then it happened so fast most of us couldn’t even keep track. The next thing you know she’s bought a house in South Africa and she’s teaching children. So let’s follow Christa’s journey and discover what happened along the way.
[click to continue…]
I’ve had some of the most frustrating relationships known to man. I’ll admit to being in relationships where we screamed at each other, said petty, ugly things, walked out and slammed doors. Lost my cool so often I can’t honestly say I ever got back to “cool” before blowing it again.
Even now, that I have more mindful tools and years of personal work under my belt, I find myself in moments with others where I’m not being my best self- because they’re driving me crazy. Right? Well, at least that’s how it feels when it’s happening.
Did you know it’s possible to change absolutely anyone, so they stop driving you crazy? [click to continue…]
When you’re out of peace, you’re out of power. When we take radical responsibility for our minds, our mindsets, and the way we are in the world, we are free.
Do you see? [click to continue…]
Who are you, really?
Let’s go deeper. Let’s unravel and shrug off the shoulds. The things we think we should be.
Let’s shrug off society’s heavy layers of compliance and conformity.
Let’s dive deep into our essential nature.
Let’s remember who we were inside, deep inside, when we were kids. When we’d get lost in play for hours. When we knew everything would be okay- because we didn’t yet know fear.
Let’s get back to who we really are.
Let’s do what our soul’s are longing to do.
Let’s find our Life’s Purpose- and live it however we want to- because there are no rules.